Bubo is a mechanical owl of brass & iron who was sent by the Gods of Olympus to aid Perseus on his quest in "Clash of the Titans".
When Zeus saw that Perseus was going to the Shrine of the Stygian Witches, he needed to send something down to aid him on his quest. He asked Athena to send her pet owl to aid Perseus as a replacement for his ill-fated Invisibility Helmet. Athena refused, but then relied on Hephaestus to build a mechanical version of her owl. Bubo the brass-and-iron owl was then sent to Earth where he helped Perseus on his Quest to the Stygian Witches. Bubo was a bit clumsy but pulled through in the end.
Pop Culture References ( 2018)
- An animated version of Bubo appears in the 2013 episode "Spanakopita!" of the The Venture Brothers
- In the 2014 Super Bowl ad for Radio Shack- when the 1980's all-stars (Alf, Friday the 13th, Child's Play, California Raisins, Cliff Calvin, etc.) take away everything outdated and obsolete from Radio Shack, among all these '80s all stars is Bubo in "Clash of the Titans".
- A prop of Bubo also appears in the "Clash of the Titans" remake, stored in a box of weapons. Perseus asks what it is, but is told to leave it behind. Bubo is then unceremoniously tossed aside.
- An animated version of Bubo can be seen in the 2020 Netflix Anime series Blood of Zeus. He is first seen in episode 5, sitting on the shoulder of the god Hephaestus.
- Bubo can be seen during the Creepshow segment Public Television of the Dead as one of four cameo items in during the Appraiser’s Roadtrip alongside Michael Myers' mask from Halloween, the Zuni Fetish Doll from Trilogy of Terror and the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Write the second section of your page here.